About NILGIRIS Ultra (NU)
- When was the first edition of Nilgiris Ultra? – Nilgiris Ultra’s first edition was in December 2012.
- When did NU achieve its UTMB qualifying status – NU was awarded UTMB qualifying points during its 2nd edition in the year 2013.
- What are the a categories at NU? – The race has 4 categories: 25/50/75/100 KMs.
- What is the race format: It is a semi-supported race, meaning aid-stations are spaced 6.25Kms apart and runners are expected to be self-sufficient between the aid-stations.
- What is provided at the aid-stations? : Water, electrolytes, salt, sugar, bananas, oranges, salty snacks, honey, candy. At some aid-stations our partners/sponsors make hot tea available throughout the race.
- Drop bags: Drop bags will have to be handed over to organizers on the day of briefing with your name tags and the bag marked clearly with the aid-station number it is assigned to. They will be made available to you on the race day at the aid-station they are assigned to.
- How many drop bags are allowed? :
- 25Kms – 1
- 50Kms – 2
- 75Kms – 2
- 100Kms – 4
- Are we allowed to bring crew members? – Yes, and please ensure they have their own transportation as organizers will not be able to guarantee transport to the crew members.
- Do we have to pay extra for the crew members – No, not in NU.
- Where does the race start? –
- At Charring cross for 100Kms and 75Kms runners. The race start location has changed from Hill Bunk to Charring Cross to accommodate easier access to finish line for runners at the end of the race.
- For 25kms and 50kms runners, the race starts 12.5kms from Charring cross, enruote Upper Bhavani, via Lovedale. For those who have opted for transport, you will assemble at Charring Cross and will be transported to the race started point.
- What is the expected weather condition during December months? – The temperature will be closing to freezing at night and sun will be harsh and bright during the day time. Ensure you bring layers that you can remove and store in your drop bags, along with sunglasses for protection from sun glare.
- Is transport provided for runners? – If the race start location for 50Kms and 25Kms runners is beyond the city limits (which depends on the weather conditions on the day of the race), we will provide transport to the start location. Transport to and from Ooty has to be arranged by the runner/crew.
- Stay options: The race in 2015 will start at YWCA in Anandgiri (http://www.ywcaagooty.com) and rooms can be booked by calling the following number: 0423-2444262.
- What are the cut-off times? For more race details, please see the Race Page